The Society issues a bi-monthly newsletter which gives members an update on current activities and provides information about other events of interest.
In addition to fieldwork, the Society has researched and published two books on the history of Fast Castle, which place the excavations there in an historical perspective. Further research has been undertaken on the history of Cramond Parish, but this has not yet been written up. Other publications on Cramond can be found on the Cramond Heritage Trust’s page www.cramondheritagetrust.org.uk.
The society has a small library containing a wide range of material of archaeological interest. Loans from this are available to all members.
- KL Mitchell, KL 1988 Fast Castle – A history from 1602
124pp – ISBN 0 9513156 0 9 (This volume is now out of print)
- Kennaway, M 1992 Fast Castle – The Early Years
143pp – ISBN 0 9513156 1 7 Price now reduced to £5 (£4 p&p).
- Mitchell, KL, Murdoch, KR & Ward, JR 2001 Fast Castle Excavations, 1971- 1986 213pp – ISBN 0 9513156 2 5 Price now reduced to £10 (£4 p&p).
- Dean, VE 1994 Cramond Excavations 1988 & 1990: Trench A
- Dean, VE 1999 Boom Site: Excavation of a conjectural component of World War II boom between Cramond Foreshore and Cramond Island, Edinburgh, 1999
- Dean, VE 2001 Lauriston Castle, Edinburgh: Archaeological investigation of picnic area within the Castle grounds
- Dean, VE 2001 Cramond Excavations 1988-2001. Trench H: Clay-bonded wall of the late furnace room of the Roman bathhouse
- Dean VE 2002 Cramond Excavations 1988-2001 : Investigation of a well in Cramond Village, Edinburgh
- Dean, VE 2004 Cramond Roman Fort : Legionary building stone at the Old Schoolhouse, Cramond
- Jones, HMD EAFS Geophysics Occasional Papers 1 – 12
To date twelve short reports have been written covering the geophysical surveys and associated excavations.
Copies of the above publications are held in the libraries of the Society and RCAHMS.